What we're about...
...celebrations of conceptual learning
The World Mathematics Championships® are collaborative assessment-as-learning experiences for all youths.
Senior level is aimed for those in Grade 12 and below.
Junior level is aimed for those in Grade 9 and below.
Secondary level is aimed for those in Grade 7 and below.
Primary level is aimed for those in Grade 5 and below.
The tiered progression to the Finals is as follows:
Senior and Junior Qualifiers (and within country Secondary Finals directly)
- 2-3 full days of total immersement
- 6 skills categories for prizes
- Challenge - because we want to be the best that we can be
- Knowledge - because we need secure foundations to communicate, collaborate, challenge, strategise and create better!
- Collaboration - because we all need others to help us achieve our dreams
- Strategy - because visionary thinking leads to more profound success
- Communication - because we need to be able to convince others that our beliefs are sound
- Creativity - because we enjoy being humans instead of robots
- Transcripts of relative attainment
- Individual medals within each skill category
- Golden ticket invites to the next finals of the World Mathematics Championships®
- For Qualifiers facilitating school trips, a trophy is awarded to the institution with the best mean average
Individuals focus on the Challenge rounds alone.
We choose Collaboration teams to be 'new friends' comprise of different residence and passport of each member.
Communication teams are comprised of 'existing friends' with the same residence and/or passport.
Some rounds are subject specific skills and procedures - knowledge intensive.
Other rounds are focused towards planing and executing a strategy.
There are rounds that depend upon creativity - developing new and imaginative ideas.
Each strategy, creative and knowledge skill category has at least one round that is engaged in alone, within new friend teams and through existing friends teams.
The 9 rounds within WMC qualifiers are:
For a more detailed breakdown on how the Qualifiers flow, please browse the other sections:
- Explore the dynamics of each round
- Themes for conceptual learning
- Sample Questions for selected rounds
If you would like to:
- become a host venue partner, then please read this document and then contact us here
- join our illustrious question writing team, please get in touch to discuss specifics!